IS KA team made visit to KWAB, Chesire home during this weekend and here is the brief update.
Occasion: Republic Day Celebration, 26th January 2008
Place of Visit: Karnataka Welfare Association for Blind.Sheshadri puram.
Members Involved: RaviKumar K Shivanarayan P Ram Jayasree J
Representative from Samsung: Shrein
The India sudar team gathered at the KWAB campus at 9.30am
Ravi kumar precided over the on behalf of IS, Shiva delivered a thought provoking speech and assured that India sudar will do its best to the welfare and development of this organization. Thereby we lit the hopes of the visually challenged kids, the smiles we brought on their faces energized us as well for our further deeds. Followed by this our team visited to the new location to which most of the inmates of KWAB are shifting.
After the primary study it was concluded that the place requires renovation and facilities were not meeting even the basic requirements.
Our team members interacted with the engineer and managing trustee and first level of decision regarding project estimation were made.
- The activity of renovation was kick started on this special day.
Our members participated in the cultural event organized by the very talented kids here.
- The events included extra ordinary vocal and instrumental music performances.
- Our team also interacted with the NCC cadets from Ammani College, Bangalore. With the exchange of thought we could build a new network with the energetic students of this college.
- With the sense of satisfaction and feel of patriotism we dispersed for the day.
Occasion:Breakfast Serving at Bangalore Chesire Home by Aashayein Foundation
27th January 2008
Place of Visit: Bangalore Chesire HomeAirport Road
Members Involved: UdhayRaviKumar K Shivanarayan P Jayasree J
The India sudar team gathered at the chesire home at 8.30am.
A brief meeting was held with the founder and Managing director of Aashayein foundation. In this meeting the following points were discussed.
The scaling up shisksan abyan project where in the government school students will be guided in learning English so as to make them competitive enough.
Groundwork like feasibility analysis and resource structuring needs to be done for techno gyan project.
A preparatory meeting was planned to be scheduled during the weekends to conclude on points of discussion with Mr.Beluragi who is visiting Bangalore on Feb. 8th .
We also had breakfast with the physically challenged inmates of chesire home and got to know about their living standards there and were happy about its efficient functions.
- The efficient functions in particular include the women empowerment by providing self-employment. This economic independence has made the physically challenged women here very self-reliant. This is a remarkable learning for our members from this model.
- We got to meet more volunteers and were very happily surprised to see energetic youth from IT sector interested towards such social cause more specifically because it was a Sunday morning. We then disperessed for the day.
Thanks and regards
Jayasree , IS KA Team