Dear Friends,All the credit goes to all the volunteers who joined hand in executing the NBD and a very special thanks to Sheshadri Sir, Chikkakurugodu govt. school HM who helped us in getting the school contacts and dividing the schools in clusters for easy execution.
Initially there were lot of hiccups, concerns and discussions about the feasibility of single day execution , but we were determined and decided to take our team into confidence to execute IN A ONE DAY. It was planned to start all the teams from Govindrajnagar @ 0600 Hrs on 03rd July but as always I forgot to append the IST (Indian Standard Time) after the planned time 🙂DISTRIBUTION TEAMS
India Sudar encourages students from government primary schools especially from rural villages of Karnataka and some of the homes in Bangalore by providing NOTE BOOKS and STATIONARIES required for their studies every year. This is the third year, we continue this “NOTE BOOK DRIVE (NBD)”.
NOTE BOOK DRIVE (NBD) 3rd July 2010 – PLAN AND EXECUTION
Year 2010 is something special for us as “WE DISTRIBUTED in ONE DAY”
– EIGHT Teams, ONE goal ..
– Total of 48000+ note books,
– 30,000+ Stationaries
– 7200+ students
– across 58 govt. schools
– 3 Homes in Bangalore
– in and around Kolar, Tumkur & Chirtadurga district and Chikkaballapur, Madhugiri, Gauribidanur Taluk
About Note Book Drive (NBD): NBD is the program which we started 3 years go where in we give Free note books and stationary to the selected govt. schools and Homes in Karnataka which are identified by our IS volunteers / IS Partners / Individuals. For more details about the NBD please visit our website blogs which is having all the information.
We kicked off, Team 5 & 6 as they have to start towards Kolar @ 0630 Hrs followed by Team 3 & 4 started towards Chikkakurugodu @ 0700 Hrs and then last but not the least Team 1 & 2 started towards Madhugiri @ 0800 Hrs. Previous night Team 7 started towards Chirtradurga as it was 5 hours journey from Bangalore.
Team 1 & Team 2: Vinod(IS), Rama(IS), Theja(IS), Vinay(Non-IS), Ananad(Non-IS), Jayram(LIC-Development Officer, Madhugiri), Munimariyappa(LIC-Agent, Madhugiri), Ananad(Non-IS-Local)… distributed notebooks for Gutte, Tribal (Byrapura), Mydanahalli, KCR, Tippapura, Adavinagenahalli, Muthrayanahalli govt. school in parallel.
Photos : http://picasaweb.google.com/indiasudar/KCR_Madaganhatti_Tippapura#Synopsis), Abishek(Synopsis), Devashish(Synopsis) .. distributed notebooks for Chikkakurugodu, Ramachandrapura, Gowdasandra, Thondekunte, Bommashettyhally, Ramapura, Kudurebyalya govt. schools in parallel.
Photos : http://picasaweb.google.com/indiasudar/IndiaSudarNoteBookDriveChikballapurDistrict
Photos : http://picasaweb.google.com/indiasudar/BudikoteGullahalliDinnurBooksDistributionPhotos : To Be Uploaded.
Aviratha NGO Team: Distributed note books to 32 Govt. schools by 137 Aviratha Volunteers in 38 Cars spread across 9 Clusters.
(About Aviratha: Is a team of like minded young and energetic youth who are constantly, consistently working for the motherland (Karnataka) and humanitarian causes.This association owns moral and social responsibility to work for a better tomorrow of the society. For more information can log in to http://www.aviratha.org/)
Total project cost was Rs 4,66,500. Below are the donation’s from various organization / Individuals without which we wouldn’t had realized this mega event.
From Aviratha & Imagine India – Rs 1,50,000
Finally, India Sudar express our sincere thanks to all our partners Samsung Seva Team, RECT_Batch98_Group, Aviratha NGO, IISc NBD, RED FM, Synopsis and well wishers for making NBD a BIG and successful event right form the beginning.
Team 3 & 4: Uday(IS), Shiva(IS), Suresh(IS), Srini(IISc), Sandeep(IISc), Susheel(IS), Santhosh(Synopsis), Adharsh(
Team 5 & 6: Ravi(IS), Nagaraj(IS-MAARA) & Team , Samsung Seva Team (Narendra, Sailesh, Murugudurai, Brij, Deepak and Tejaswi) and Mr. Ramesh (Headmaster in Kolar District) distributed notebooks for NINE govt schools in Kolar District. (Kembodi, Basavanatha, Chadumanahalli, Batrahalli, Ramachandra, Ajjanappanahalli, Budipeth, Gullahalli, Dinnur govt. schools).
Team 7: Nagaraj(IS), Shambhu(Aviratha NGO) distributed notebooks for Mill Area, Venkateshwara Badavane, Kodenhatti govt. schools in parallel
From India Sudar NBD Project Cost(IS) – Rs.3,16,500
1. Samsung Seva Team, Bangalore – 1,00,000
2. RECT_Batch 98_Group – 43,000
3. IISc NBD Group – 66,500
4. India Sudar – Collected for NBD – Rs. 82,000 (Collected from well wishers, Members and Friends)
5. Donations collected through India Sudar Greeting Cards and T-Shirts – Rs. 25,000
Total = Rs 4,66,500
– We express our special thanks to VINAYAKA MISSION, Salem for their big contribution Rs. 10,000 for this cause.
– We extend our heartful thanks to headmasters Mr. Sheshadri (Chikkakurigodu) and Mr. Ramesh (kolar) for their co-ordination and support right from the beginning.
– We can’t forget our KA lead Raaghu’s family members for their great support to stock our note books till distribution time and hospitality. Thanks a lot for them.
– We express our special thanks to designer Mr. Gautham. He has done excellant design for all note book covers.
– We extend our thanks to Mr. Jayaram, LIC Developement Officer and all this LIC team for providing support from the start.
– Finally, it is not possible to execute without our KA Team and strong volunteers. Special thanks to all our members and volunteers, who were behind this execution and last but not the least a very special thanks to Teachers & LIC also and all the Teachers who support for this BIG event right from the beginning.
BLOG : https://indiasudar.wordpress.com/2010/07/07/ka-nbd-2010/
Thanks & Regards,