Date of visit: 25th July 2009
Members visited: Jayasree (From Is) , Hari and some more volunteers from chennai.
Purpose of visit:
- To motivate the students here with by a speech.
- To understand their educational requirement.
- To gauge the resource utilisation of the library provided by india sudar.
- The new supernatant is sending the inmates to the corporation school nearby. This is the first time this sort of a step is taken in this school.
- The children girls here come from villages and are mostly either social victims or were pushed into some of juvenile activities.
- There are students taking up their 10th exams and 9th exams. We gathered some requirements from them for writing pad (as they have to sit down and write exams), geometry box,guides , gel pens etc.
- The above requirement has been taken up by hari and team and has been completed successfully. Thanks to them.
What IS can do.
- I gave a speech about self motivation and could sense that many of this children lack that for obvious reasons.
- We must conduct some events like a cultural fest and encourage these children to do skit dance etc and give some prizes.
- We must also think of conducting a quiz competition here along with some other suitable competition.
- In one of previous visit report to the same place i have mentioned about conducting a Art of living sort of course for this children. We must figure out on “How to?” and act up on it.
- Our library here is slowly getting outdated and we must replenish it with some new books. We can design our quiz based on these books to encourage the reading habit.
- Our volunteers in chennai must visit this place more often and talk to these children about importance of education.