Place: Government Hr.Sec School, Velliyangadu, Coimbatore Dt.
IS Members: S.Veerakumar & Balamanikandan.K
Location: it is located 50 Kms away from Coimbatore city. It is surrounded by Nilgris hills.
Highlights’ of the school:
- School has a strong Parent Teachers Association, team of best teachers and THE BEST HEADMASTER.
- School has very good infrastructure. This is because of the continuous efforts taken by the HM and PTA .They utilized all the government fund and opportunities.
- School strength: 699 Boys: 374 Girls: 325 (125 students from ST community).
- Special coaching classes in quarterly, half yearly vacations and evening tuitions are being conducted. Counseling session with the students and teachers improves this school’s performance. Personality development camps are also conducted.
(With more no of ST and Village students, they secured the best results. Coimbatore Dt has lot of private schools. Only underprivileged students and students without any family support are studying in Government schools. 95 % result is the highest pass percentage among the government schools in Coimbatore Dt)
- Tamilnadu higher officials visited this school to know the system and approach followed in this school.
- News about this school has come in INDIA TODAY (please see the attached file).
- School HM collects money from the well wishers and makes arrangements to provide morning food to the students staying in the nearby BC hostel.
- They not only try for 100% result but also they take care of the student’s higher education while leaving the school after +2. They collect fund from nearby donors and NGO for each student to support their education needs.
In simple words, if you ask any teacher working in any school in Coimbatore Dt, he/she can explain about GHSS, Velliyangadu and the school HM Mr.R.Palanisamy.
What they need?
- They need partial financial support for five students for their undergraduate programs. We collected the data after the field visit and verification. (I will send the requirement in next mail).
- They are in need of teaching faculties. Already PTA is taking care of two teachers. Since the school is located far away from the city, 3 teachers got transfer from this school recently. If we deploy a teacher to take classes for 6th or 7th std, they will use the government faculty for +2. They are ready to implement our Library project also.
- They need 40 sitting stools for the students (in laboratory).Cost for this is 15,000 Rs.
4. They need a career guidance camp for the benefit of the schools located in this village.
Photos and the school particulars are available in the following URL: