Meeting with Life NGO – Report
Date: Feb 28, 2009
IndiaSudar Members: Athitha Nadarajan, Anitha Srinivasan
Life NGO Members: Siddharth, JayaRam, Ramya, etc.
Meeting Place: Vallalar Kaapagam, Gnanavoly Charitable Trust, Regd. Trust: 2358/04
The home that we met at was Gnanavoly Charitable Trust, which takes care of around 20 children in the age range of 4 – 12 yrs old. Most of the kids are sent to near Govt School. The caretaker person and a female take care of them and 2 old people also.
The LifeNGO members have met at this home & have spent time with the kids, playing & teaching them. They had also brought them some new utensils like silver plates & such things.
Siddharth & team congratulated IS team on 5th year completion. They had queries about IS’s mission, projects for which we gave answers.
Details about LifeNGO:
• Siddharth and most of the other members are from the same college, St. Joseph (engg?) and they are 2003 passouts.
• From college days they have been involved in such voluntary social activities.
• They have effectively started an NGO group after they’ve established their financial positions, ie after getting into jobs.
• With regards to vision & mission of their group, they are now very clear that its Education only.
• Activities they have been involved:
o Visiting cancer institute
o Visiting homes
o Visiting govt schools
• Projects they have in mind:
o Self awareness programme – presentations on importance of education, self-hygiene, etc
o Footware distribution to govt school students
o Choosing 5 students and taking of their educational costs for few months, and consecutively in the stipulated time frame.
Siddarth suggested the following:
• Was willing to know IS’s pending projects & beneficiaries which they can choose and help in executing the projects.
• Was mentioning that if in future IS wants any credibility report about any org/person, they can check with LifeNGO database and vice versa.