Last Saturday(Aug 30,2008) Myself, Ravi, Ram & Reshma Kurup visited the Govt school in Seshadripuram to distribute 50 note books & geomentry box for X std students. Earlier our member Reshma had brought to our notice the requirement of this school. She has been associated with this school for few months now, conducting Art of Living classes to the students.
About the school :
– The campus has both middle school & high school together. Infrastructure has been provided by Rajasthan youth association. So infra is decent enough J !
– High school has 200 students, lower class has 230+ students.
– No fee is being collected. School has both kannada & English medium. About 30% are in English medium.
– Have not seen any droup out(That’s what they mentioned J )
– As usual uniform & text books are provided by Govt. Also 80% children are SC says the HM. So by late Oct or so they also get few note books from SC/ST welfare board. But very late, loose its purpose – Mid day meal provided by Akshya Patra
– Schools seems to be giving extra efforts in Sports too. Infact even during the time we visited there was PT drill going on . I also hear from Reshma that kids practice some meditation & Yoga. In cluster level sports meet they have wons lots of prize is a testimony
– The school HM Mr.Lokesh is also the AEO for the cluster.(This Cluster has 9 schools)
– As for fee requirement it is usually taken care by constituency MLA – Mr.Guntu Rao. For example this year some 15 student had to pay 10th exam fee of 375/head. He had paid the full amount
– Also we met a student whose heart operation was done at Jayadeva 100% free of cost through CM funds. That also was arranged by Mr.Guntu Rao. We could not meet up with thim other day, planning in future to do so
– Need some volunteers to help 9,10th std kids with their studies.
– Another computer teacher if possible for students in lower class. The current teacher deployed by NIIT handles only for one teacher. He handles daily class for 8,9,10 class.
– If any notebooks requirement come up they will inform us through Reshma.
Conact : Mr.Lokesh,HM , High School – 9845662084
Photos can be accessed at :