07th June 2008, Visited GOOD LIFE CENTRE:
K. BASKARAN, Founder / Social Worker
GOOD LIFE CENTRE(REGD)
Home for Orphans and Mentally Challenged
12, Loganathan Street ( Near Vidya Theatre),
West Tambaram, Chennai – 600045,
Phone: 22264151 / 52
Mobile: 9444994151 / 9381002751
Below are my inputs:
– Established and Registered in the year 1996 basically to provide food & shelter for the road side female beggary. (Most of these females are misused and become victim for orphan child).
– Extended their service for orphan children from 1998.
– Currently running at Tambaram, Chennai, in 2 rented buildings (1 for mentally retarded. 2 for women and children).
– 2 storage apartment is being constructed just opposite to the current one by own.
– Focused on education and employment for orphan children.
– Current strength is 110 out of which 75 are school going and rest are mentally retarded.
– One of the boys scored 462 out of 500 in S.S.L.C. also stood school first has completed his Polytechnic Diploma and got placed in accenture in Chennai.
– Source of income is through volunteers and no aid from Govt. and International bodies.
– As per Mr. Baskaran (Founder / Social Worker), there is no caste discrimination and all are welcome.
As per Mr. Baskaran their immediate requirement is 3 teachers to teach English, Maths & Science for the 75 school going children at in-house to improve their subject knowledge.
Also seek help on School Uniforms, stationeries, Pencil, Pen etc…
I am hereby attaching some of the photos I took on my mobile during my visit.
Hope this information suffice.
Thanks & Regards,