Gowribidanur taluk, Chikkaballapur district, KA
Please find below a brief summary of survey conducted by KA-IS team last week:
Date(s): 4-Apr and 5-Apr
Location: Villages under Gowribidanur taluk of Chikkaballapur district
Schools surveyed: 7
– Government Lower Primary School, Huduthi, Nagasandra Post
– Government Lower Primary School, Kadirenahalli, Viduraswatha Post
– Government Higher Primary School, Halaganahalli Post
– Government Higher Primary School, Kudurebalya, Hampasandra Post
– Government Higher Primary School, Ramapura Post
– Government High School, Ramapura Post
– Government Higher Primary School, Chikkakurugodu
The details of the survey are available in the attached spreadsheet (as per the new survey template).
This area is quite backward with agriculture labour being the primary occupation. The primary needs of the schools are the notebooks/stationeries and it would be nice to conduct awareness programs such as quiz, science, creative classes to improve and enthuse the schools kids and parents alike. IS have worked and achieved remarkable success in Chikkakurugodu over the previous year – apart from donating notebooks/stationeries in two phases, we also conducted a taluk level quiz and teacher training program here.
A followup mail with the exact “prioritized” requirements of the schools above will be sent after due consideration by KA-IS core team and we earnestly request you to continue supporting this cause for promoting and elevating education in rural segments.