The Taluk level quiz and training programs we conducted last weekend, generated a lot of excitement and enthusiasm among the participating students, teachers and local community in Gowribidanur taluk. These programs, conducted with the approval of education department (DDPI and BEO), were very successful in generating awareness in a rural setting. The photos are available at http://picasaweb.google.com/indiasudar/IndiaSudarMiniTalukLevelQuizProgram and http://picasaweb.google.com/indiasudar/MiniTalukLevelTeacherTrainingAtGauribidanurTalukChikkaballapurDistrict
A summary of these programs is presented below:
Venue: Chikkakurugodu HPS, Gowribidanur taluk, Chikkaballapur district, Karnataka.
Programs: Quiz program and teacher training
Number of schools: 16
Number of teachers: 24
– Preliminary written test conducted to select top 5 teams.
– Five rounds of quiz among the selected teams interspersed with audience questions
– GHPS Alipura, GHPS Melya and GHPS Chikkakurugodu emerged as the first, second and third team respectively
– Trophies for the top 3 teams and individual prizes (dictionaries, wren and martin, note books, pens, etc) to the members of each team were distributed
– 24 teacher trained on “Positive classroom teaching” and “Student-teacher relationship” modules
– Smt. Ambika and Lakshmi’s services engaged via a contract (5K as fees) for this purpose
– Positive overall feedback from the teachers, but for the opinion that a local trainer would be more effective.
Work Co-ordinators: Uday, Raghavendra, Deepak, Subramanya, Thejaswini, Santhosh and Prashanth
Quiz content contributors: Prashanth, Raghavendra, Rama Seshan, Thejaswini, Deepak, Subramanya
Special Thanks to: The headmaster, school staff and the villagers of Chikkakurugodu for excellent arrangement at the venue. Sri. C.N. Mohan Rao deserves a special mention for food arrangements to the visiting team of IS/trainers. Another noteworthy contribution is of the villagers who donated for the food and related cost during these programs.
Mini-Taluk level Quiz program & Teacher Training – One of our milestone in
Karnataka. Its really EXCELLENT project and we had more
student/teachers/goverment staff interaction through this project. Definatly we
got very good experience while working for this project in last one month.
Our Sincere THANKS to our KA Team members Prashanth, Raghavendra, Rama Seshan,
Thejaswini, Who planned and prepared Question papers in Kannada for last one
Our Sincere THANKS to our IS members Santhosh, Deepak, Subramanya, Mani, Who
worked for this project.
We got very good support from Headmaster, Teachers, Village People, BEO/DDPI for
our program. Teachers, SDMC (School Development and Monitoring Committee) and
villagers of Chikkakurugodu did complete arrangement like sending invitation to
schools, providing lunch to all the students/teachers, decorating school,
providing sound system for Quiz, Stage for Quiz, etc.
Our Sincere THANKS Headmaster Sri.Sheshadri, School teachers, Sri. C.N. Mohan
Rao, BEO, Who are all Co-ordinated the India Sudar project in Chikkakurugodu.
I have attached project report for your reference.