08th Jul 2007 , Bangalore, KA.
CLICK me to see complete PHOTO:
It was a great weekend for India Sudar team-Bangalore.
Attendees from India Sudar Team : Durga , Michael , Shekar from Tanjore, Ravikumar , Gopal Krishnan, Shiva, Sriram, Ragavendra, Ram Ganesh, Vijay Babu.
We visited Indira Gandhi School , Bangalore in the weekend and funded for their 3 top most essential needs.
India Sudar members Mrs. Durga Owen and her husband Mr. Michael Owen from Australia joined with us and they flew down to Bangalore from Chennai just for this purpose. They were also accompanied by Mr.Shekar their well wisher in India .
Mrs.Durga & Mr.Michael live in Syndney, Australia. This young couple married for 3 yrs now, they have been involved in various social activities world wide. This includes their work in Japan for 2 yrs, 6 months of Tsunami Affected Areas in Srilanka coordinating with UN & other NGOʼs.
The couple had contacted us before visiting India & their willingness to visit Indira Gandhi Internal School. So on Saturday we took them all to the place , to get a feel of the circumstances. The School manager Mr.Gracian had explained their situation and their needs and given a list of most essential requirements.
Major Requirements for Indira Gandhi Internation School
1. There are 310 students at this school and they get lunch from Mid-day meal program, but they need 40 kg rice for their dinner everyday. They don’t have constant sponser for this.
2. Since the total strengh is increased from 200 to 310, they had asked us provide 100 eating ever silver plates and 200 ever silver glasess.
3. There are 5 students studying PUC at different (akshaya school)school, (coz Indira Gandhi school supports until 10th Standard) and they are spending Rs. 100 for bus fares every day. (Rs. 20 per student, For 5 students – Rs.100).This is becoming very expensive, the only solution getting bus pass. The bus pass fare is Rs.900 for 1 year for 1 student. They need Rs. 4500 for 5 students to get bus pass.
4. We had discussion with all teachers – they have 9 teachers now and they planned to have 3 more teacher in this year. Salary is pending for many teachers and Management don’t have fund to provide salary. This is one of the most essential requirement.
After hearing all the require! ments, we had detailed discussions with Mrs.Durga & Mr. Michael, and then, we decided to suppot the following projects, which are considered as essential & having wide impact.
Agreed and executed projects for Indira Gandhi School with financial support from Mr. Michael and Mrs. Durga Owen.
REQUIREMENTS AMOUNT (Rs)
1) Food Items purchased and supplied 10600.00
– Rice 300 Kg
– Thoor Dal 100 Kg
– Cooking Oil 21 litres
Impact : This would solve the food problem for more than 10 days.
2) Paid Bus pass fare for 5 PUC students 4500.00
(Yearly pass costs 900/- per student)
Impact : Total bus expenses is reduced. Money paid to Indira Gandhi School Management, they would get bus pass on Wednesday.
3) Ever Silver Plates and Drinking glasses – 4700.00
We supplied 100 ever silver plates and 200 drinking glasses
All the above projects are executed on Sunday (08th June 2007) with the great help of our friends. WE USED CASH TO EXECUTE ALL THE PROJECT AND FUNDS ARE NOT ROUTED THROUGH INDIA SUDAR ACCOUNT. SO WE WILL NOT CREATE ANY PROJECT REPORT FROM INDIA SUDAR.
4)Funding 4 Teachers for 8 months 96000.00
– Decided to provude salary for 4 teachers for 8 months
– 4 x 3000 x 8 months
– This money would be transferred to India Sudar account and India Sudar would issues the cheque to teachers directly.
– Project report would be created once the money transfer to india sudar is completed.
Total project cost 115800.00
Thanks a lot to Mrs. Durga Owen and Mr. Michael Owen on behalf of India Sudar and Indira Gandhi International School.
Special thanks to Durgaʼs Mother Mrs.Nagula and her friends Mrs. Anushya, Mrs Sashi who initiated this whole process. On their consent, Durga traveled here to execute the project. We are deeply touched by all their dedication.
Without Mr.Sriram & his Father we would not have been able to purchase food items at best rates. They gave their whole hearted effort on this Sunday. Thanks a lot for Sriram and his father.
Sriram arranged a truck to deliver food items and he negotiated for Rs. 250, we we expecting that truck driver would ask more money due to more distance than he expected. The surprise was that truck driver Mr. Moorthy – charged only Rs. 150 and he said that he also wanted to contribute for this noble cause. It was a real surprise !! Thanks to Mr. Murthy, Truck driver.
We sincerely thank all who were responsible for this execution. This gives us more confidence to do take up bigger projects creating greater impact for the needy.
Will upload the photos to blog in a day or two !
India Sudar Team,
Reblogged this on India Sudar.