We came to know about the HOME FOR DISABLED at Doranahalli, K R Nagar Taluk, Mysore District through my friend Deena, who is working in DRDO. He visits this place once in a month or two, and he was asking me to find sometime to visit and do something for them.
Myself (Ravikumar), Shiva, Gopalakrishnan and Deena visited this home on last saturday (9th Dec 2006). This home is around 50 km away from Mysore on the way to Coorg including 2 km village road with paddy fields on boths side. This village has a beautiful church.
This home is started by a Sister Barbara (Now Age 80) in 1981 and has 17 people including 5 school going students, old people and few kids who lost their growth and one 21 year old girl affected by polio. Sister Barbara identified them from place called Kollegal and started a home for them at Doranahalli. Sister Ba! rbara Stays at Kollegal and visits this home once in a while.
Mrs. Moksha Rani is taking care of these 17 people in a rented house (Rs. 300 per month). The house is damanged and they can’t sit inside when it rains. However they need around Rs. 3,000 to 4000 per month for all expenses (food, rent, electricity and other expenses).
Mrs. Monika involved in social service partially after her MA, then she got married to another social worker and decided to do full time social sercice. She is living there and taking care of them now.
We went there with groceries worth of Rs. 2000 (funded by India Sudar Member Mohammed Rafiq) and that would come for about 10 days.
Few things about the home
– 4 grils and 1 boy going to school from that home. They need constant support for their education. Deena will join India Sudar and he would be represent from India Sudar to support for their education.
– Their monthly expenses is around Rs. 3000 to 4000
– 21 year girl affected by Polio and she can’t walk until she gets operation. Deena is trying to arrange for her operation through Sathya Sai Super Speciality Hospital.
– They are not getting constant funding, but managing with few good people, who are regular to church.
C/O Mrs. Moksha Rani (Mobile +91 9448789289)
K R Nagar Taluk,
Mysore District – 571602.
1. They need constant support for food items for survival
2. Education support for 5 students – I hope INDIA SUDAR can suppor them.
Slate = 4
Chalk Piece = 1 box
Pen = 2 dozen
Scale (Big) = 4
Sketch Pen = 2 Set
Crayons = 2 Packs
Geometry Box = 4
Ink Rubber = 6
Note Books – Small 100 Pages = 20
Note Books – Small 200 Pages = 20
Note Books – Unruled – 10
3. They have some land alloted for them, but need a small building to accomodate more people. This require big amount.
Shiva, Deena, Gopalakrishnan – Please update on this group, if i would have missed something.
Uday – Please add Deena in our group.
Photos will be uploaded through blog